Home > War Maps > Civil War Maps >

Camp McDonald, a school of Instruction for the 4th Brigade Georgia Volunteers, Souvenir edition, 1917
Camp McDonald, a school of Instruction for the 4th Brigade Georgia Volunteers, Souvenir edition, 1917
 
Detail View


Our Price: $39.95


Product Code: GACW007
Qty:

Description
 
Camp McDonald, a school of Instruction for the 4th Brigade Georgia Volunteers, Souvenir edition, 1917
This beautiful antique map reproduction is printed on heavy acid-free stock with fade proof inks and is excellent for framing.
Features
PUB. DATE: c1917 SIZE: 16" x 21" "Lithographed and sold for the benefit of the Georgia volunteers." Pictorial map showing parade grounds, tents, buildings, hospitals, streets, relief by hachures, and the names of principal officers. Bottom text: "The Georgia Military Institute was organized at Marietta, Georgia, in 1851, by Colonel A. V. Brumby; chartered at the session of the General Assembly in the winter of 1851-1852, and modeled after the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. During the war between the states Camp McDonald was established, including the Georgia Military Institute grounds and extending to Big Shanty (now called Kennsaw). Here recruits for the Confederate army were drilled by the cadets and new regiments organized. During the campaign from Dalton to the sea in 1864 the Georgia Military Institute cadets served with great credit. Camp McDonald was destroyed by Sherman and the school was never revived.-Joseph Tyrone Derry."


Browse for more products in the same category as this item:

War Maps > Civil War Maps
Other States > Other State Historical Maps > Georgia